Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fun Afternoon


Paige and I had fun today holding signs for Prop 8 on a really busy intersection. She didn't want to leave and I had to promise her we would come back another time and do it again. Paige really wanted to go but I was torn because I didn't want to expose her to rude/mean people yelling obscene things. But I talked to her and told her that not everyone was going to agree with us, but you still had to stand up for what is right and to just ignore them.
Luckily we had a great experience. We had some thumbs down, boos, and a few "HATERS" yelled at us. But for the most part we had positive reactions. There was lots of honking horns, waving, and thumbs up.
I am so proud of our ward and our community for all coming to action, being so organized, and really stepping up and taking a stand. It feels good to get involved and help out a cause you believe in.

4 comments:

Martin Family said...

You are a good mom!

Susanne said...

Mandy that is just awesome!! WAY TO GO PAIGE AND AMANDA FOR STANDING UP FOR FAMILIES!!!

No matter what the vote is in a few weeks, the people you most touch are your children. Paige will always remember her Mom standing up for what is right.

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

I'm glad you got a picture. Anth and I honked our horn as we passed by you two. I wished I had time to stop and get pictures of you all on each corner. It looked amazing.

Travis and Megan Liston said...

Mandy, This picture really moved me. I am so proud of the church in CA. You have fought the good fight and the Lord knows it. What an awesome thing to do with your daughter!!!

TRL