Thursday, October 6, 2011

Little testimonies growing strong!

Yesterday it started to rain like crazy! I'm talking Cats 'n Dogs kind of rain. We were all watching the rain come down out the front door when we started to hear sirens. I told the kids that they were probably for car accidents that were caused by the heavy rain. Mitchell was quiet for awhile and then said, "Mom I think we need to pray for Daddy so he can come home safely." Matt was on his way home from work and Mitchell was obviously worried about him. I told him he was right for wanting to pray when you are worried about someone. So the kids and I prayed a quick prayer that Dad, Papa and Uncle Tony would all arrive home safely from work that night. It's moments like this that make you realize that everything you are doing is worth it. Watching Mitchell's testimony grow and observing him feel the spirit and act on it brings me more happiness that I could ever explain.

Tonight at dinner we sat around the table and Paige and Mitchell both expressed their frustration with hearing so much swearing and inappropriate talk at school. They were both seeking some guidance on how to deal with this situation. We talked to them about the importance of choosing good friends and surrounding themselves as much as possible with those who uphold their same standards. I also talked to them about how they can feel that using that kind of language is offensive to their spirits and the importance of not following those who are negative influences. I think it is so important that they learn the skills they need to be IN the world and be able to associate with all kinds of people while at the same time keeping their own personal standards high. They are both growing up so fast and I am really proud of the people they are starting to become.

No comments: