Saturday, September 10, 2011

Breaking News!

We have weaned Grant off of his thumb!!! It's been 4 days now and he no longer sucks on it; even though we have stopped butting the bitter polish on the nails.



I was finally able to bribe him into trying to give up his thumb by offering a new Wii game to him that he really wanted. He struggled a lot the first couple of days and it was rough. We used Mavala Stop nail polish. It is a clear nail polish that I put on his thumb and first finger. Without thinking he would put his thumb in his mouth and then start to gag and cough (the bitter nail polish really does taste horrible and stays in your mouth until you eat or drink something). But after a few days he was doing it less and less often and now has stopped completely. To be honest I thought it would take longer for him to break the habit because it was so unconscious of him. If you know Grant you know how attached he was to his thumb so I am so proud of him and so happy the Mavala worked. (I bought it off of Amazon).

In other news: We have finally found his lost glasses! They were buried deep in the couch. We pulled off the bottom lining and found them wedge in the underside. Thank goodness!

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Way to go Grant! That rocks. Can I just say, I love the photo of him in his glasses. What a cute boy.

Travis and Megan Liston said...

Wow, that is awesome! I love those pictures of him! -Megan