Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Shhhhh...Don't tell my mom!

On Monday we headed out to the beach again! This time we took Papa with us. We had a great day! The weather was perfect, Paige had fun with Papa's metal detector, Grant ate less sand (but not by much) and we had a lot of fun.
The only bad news is that I am SOO sun burnt. I mean BAD. I didn't put sunblock on my back and wore a bathing suit with my hair up most of the day. And so my upper back is still so burnt. I haven't had a sunburn like this since.....I don't even know when. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb!
I would have Matt take a photo to show you guys but my mom won't be happy with me as she hates sunburns and the dangers they bring. So, you will just have to take my word for it.

8 comments:

Kristie and Roger said...

Your grounded!!!!!
IT's Thursday now, so how mad can I get? Just make sure you get checked out and remember about this weekend..........
I still love you.

The Days said...

what's this weekend?

Em said...

OUCH!!!

Glad you had fun though! I found 80 pg. notebooks 6 for $1, I bought out all Long's had. Going to Patterson tonight so I will check their Longs too, then we can be done! I got enough for 11 kits, for only $11!!!!!

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

Em is so thrifty! What a Gal!

So Amanda, I'm not sure if Paige is into the Cheetah Girls or not on the Disney channel, but I watched their "One World" TV movie (yeah I stooped to low levels) the other day. I wouldn't recommend it for you though, cus it was filled with Elephants. Just a heads up.

What beach did you go to? We were thinking about the beach too for monday, but my jeep broke down. So no beach, no fun. But no sunburn!

The Days said...

LOL!
Too funny about the elephants. I will stay clear from the movie!

We usually go to Sunset Beach!

Oh....WAY to GO EM! Thanks for being so diligent about those backbacks! You are a gem!

Tony and Traci said...

Did you get blisters? When I lived in LA selling alarms i went swimming for about an hour and got so burned that I had little blisters all on my back. Sorry mom:) good luck Mandy!

Kristie and Roger said...

by remembering about this weekend, you can look for worse places on your body after the burn has gone. remember when tony got those burns under his eyes? The doc always checked there for any marks that would show us.
So just remember your got burned and often had a doc take a look at it.You have two brothers with scary issues with moles and other marks......that the doctor's were not happy with.
OK....say good night to me cause I fell asleep sitting here like 2 hours ago...........

Tony and Traci said...

:( I hate sun burns. I got burnt so bad one year at camp that my skin was all swollen and I almost got sun poisoning. If it hadn't been for the near exaustion I think I would have. Be careful next time. We don't want you to burst into flames next time. ;)