Well we went out last night as a family and knocked door to door about prop 8. I was very nervous to do this because I HATE talking to people I don't know. It was hard for me (I would be a terrible tracting missionary). But we did it and it was a good experience. I mostly got either very hot or cold responses from people. I am very interested to see how it all pans out in Nov.
I think it was good to bring our kids with us (Matt took two and I took two). I think it is important for them to see us getting involved with crucial voting issues and hope they will grow up and do their civic duties.
Grant is a typical 1.5 old baby. I know this sounds mean but this is my least favorite stage. The crying, fits, demands, and frustrations of not being able to talk make me want to pull my hair out. He is doing this new thing that cracks me up though. When he gets mad he pulls up the bottom of his shorts in each hand and then starts stomping his feet. He looks like a sumo wrestler about ready to wrestle me.
Harry is great. He is loving his playdate/preschool that we are doing. He is the only boy so I am not sure how he feels about the other three girls wanting to play house and dolls all the time. But he loves to be around other kids so it really makes him happy.
Paige and Mitchell are doing well. They are settling into school and like their teachers. The amount of homework Paige has scares me sometimes. It is not too overwhelming but I see how fast things are excelling and it's not going to be too much longer that I won't be able to help her anymore (at least in math). At least she is a smart cookie so that helps.
Matt is taking Paige and Mitchell backpacking this weekend. We are not in agreement on how far they can hike so it will be interesting too see how it goes. Check back to see how they do!
5 comments:
I'm really proud of you for going out for prop 8. It would be really hard for me too.
I'm with you on the 1.5 age being hard. Mine just turned 1 and he has become SUCH a handful. Some days it just drives me absolutely nuts.
O come on...Knocking on doors isnt that hard. Well I have been knocking on doors since I was 18(for jobs and mission). It can be scary. My advice to you is to never stand square to them and pretend you are talking to a friend. Good luck with the whole gay thing :) love ya-Tony
You have a fabulous family! Thank you for all you manage to do while still being a fantastic wife and Mom! You AMAZE me!
I want to see pictures of the hike and hear all about it! Matt is a great Dad. Very cool.
TRL
Post a Comment