Friday, June 6, 2008

Yes, I hate Elephants.

My previous post about having a fear has brought up a few conversations so I thought I would write about it here.
I know a lot of people who would classify themselves as a "worrier" or they have anxiety about different issues. I think it is a fairly common thing in people. But somehow I am the opposite. I really don't worry or have any "normal" fears. Sure, I want to do well in my calling and I try to be a good mother. But at the end of the day I don't feel like there is much in my life to worry or be afraid about. I mean worrying or being afraid about something isn't going to fix it....right? I think maybe I am a bit too relaxed and it would be good for me to develop some fears or worries. But I can't get up enough energy to even do that.
BUT.....I have a totally irrational phobia of elephants. It started when I was young and I saw a man on the news being attacked by an elephant. I think it was way too graphic to show on TV because later on when they ran the story again they didn't show the most graphic parts that I saw.
You would think that an elephant would just stomp on someone to kill them....right? But not this one. It was crazy! He would roll the guy up in his trunk and the spin him out throwing him up high into the air, and then he would stomp on him. Anyways, it made a huge impression on me and ever since I have hated elephants.
I don't like them at all and always stand way back when we go to the zoo.
So, that is my biggest fear. Weird....I know.

5 comments:

Em said...

yikes, that is awful.

I went to Dr. Woodruff. He is currently in Modesto and is hoping to buy a practice soon. Excellent. My mouth doesn't even hurt today, which isn't the norm for my dental visits.

Kristie and Roger said...

You have no idea how many times, I have wanted to send you Elephant things...there was an attack just a few weeks ago.
I on the other hand, have very RATIONAL phobia's. I know I will die in quicksand....so it makes sense to always be on the look out for it.
Just don't go to the circus.

Travis and Megan Liston said...

Mom...you are crazy...:)

TRL

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

Stats on Elephant trainers getting killed by elephants is 1 per year on average.
Some stupid fact I heard and retained. I never had a use for it until now. Thanks for giving me some purpose on remembering that stupid fact.

Chickens kinda freak me out. Long story.

Martin Family said...

Ok so I am your sister and I had not clue you are scared of Elephants. I guess you do learn somthing new every day.