Monday, June 2, 2008

Paige's fieldtrip

Paige was very excited about going on her fieldtrip today. She woke up early to get ready and has talked incessantly about it. They were walking to the college and going to take a tour of it. This was to "promote college readiness" and get a first hand look at a college in action.
When she got home from school today I asked her how it was. She shook her hands above her head (like I picture Grandma Rudd doing) and told me that it was awesome.
I asked her what she liked best about it and I couldn't stop laughing when she told me, "the flushing toilets!!!". I asked her what was so great about the toilets and she went on in detail about some lever you step on to flush the toilet. So much for "inspiring and encouraging her to achieve higher learning" she was just impressed with the plumbing.

Also Paige has changed her mind and no longer wants to be a dietician. She wants to be a fashion designer so that she can design modest clothes and work from home. I never thought about those kinds of things when I was nine but she likes to have her life planned out (even if her plan does change about twice a year according to her new hobby).

6 comments:

Em said...

Plumbing is important! =)

Suzanne said...

That is awesome. When we were at BYU last week Chandler decided that he wants to go there--his reason? So he can climb up the mountain and paint the Y. I don't have the heart to tell him that students don't do that anymore.

Travis and Megan Liston said...

That's so cool. Paige is such a go getter. The plumbing story made me laugh.
-Megan

Kristie and Roger said...

Loved .......LOVED.......the comment about my mom's hands. I could just see it.

Susanne said...

Hey, a girl needs to know where clean nice toilets are. ;)

To funny. Paige is a crack up.

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

Loved that Paige was more fasinated with the plumbing. Made me laugh out loud. Thanks Paige for a much needed laugh!