Christmas was different this year. All the kids wanted electronics. It's weird not buying all the little toys for them anymore. Well, Grant got some toys. Paige got her first phone, Mitchell the new Zelda game and the boys both got a DS. Mimi, Papa, Nana and Papa Paul all came over. We played games (especially Paige's Just Dance game) and ate and had a great time. Christmas was on a Sunday this year so we went to church and had a wonderful day!
The 3 older kids got Mythbuster tickets from my parents this year. They went to the Gallo Center and watched the two guys from Mythbusters put on a presentation. When they came home they were so worked up and excited that they couldn't stop talking about it. It was so much fun for them!Matt's Grandma Nita passed away and one of the things he got from her was the Monopoly game he grew up with. He has a lot of memories playing on that game board with his brothers while staying at his Grandma's house. We also got the game Settlers and Ticket to Ride this Christmas. So our family has been having a lot of fun playing board games recently. The kids are old enough to really play and have fun.
This week the kids had the day off of school so Matt took the day off too. We went bowling in the morning and then came home and all played Monopoly together. As I was sitting around the game laughing with all my family I thought about how lucky I am to have such a great life. My kids are all thriving and happy and so much fun to be around. I have a husband who loves us all. I felt so much love and contentment in that moment. It's moments like that where I sit back and wonder how I have everything I could ever want in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment