At Christmas time I BLOGGED about how our family sent letters to some soldiers in Afghanistan.
Mitchell really put a lot of work into writing his letters but on the last one he wrote he slipped the money that he had been saving for himself into the envelope. I had really hoped that the soldier that got that letter realized how much Mitchell cared about him and appreciated the thought behind it.
Well tonight I found out that the letters did make it to Afghanistan. The letters went to a guys troop who's mom is in my ward. We gave her the letters and she sent them to her son and his troop. She wrote to me tonight a thank you letter about how much it meant to all of them to receive the letters at Christmas. She said the guys especially wanted to thank their friend Mitchell Day. She said, "Mitchell really captured his heart!! He is a very sweet boy! It brought tears to the other soldiers too!! They pinned up his letter for everyone to be able to see it every day."
Mitchell has often over the past few months asked how "his" soldiers were doing.
We are very happy to know that the troop all made it home yesterday safe and sound. We are very thankful for them and all the other men and women who put it all out there on the line for us every day.
3 comments:
ohhhhhh man, I cried. You always have to remember that story. Your such a good mom Mandy
This is so awesome Mandy! I'm so proud of my little neice and nephews! :) Do you still have their address? I would like to send some letters to the troops too...
That is incredibly awesome. Mandy, you have great kids, with wonderful hearts.
Post a Comment