Saturday, May 30, 2009

Way to GO Paige!

I am so proud of Paige today. She had her first "real" swim meet. There were 4 teams there today. She swam in 4 races. 50 backstroke, 50 breaststroke, 50 freestyle, and the relay where she did 50 freestyle.

When Paige first started a month ago she didn't know how to do any of the strokes properly and therefore was the slowest on her team. But Paige has come leaps and bounds and did great today. She shaved time off every race that she did today (36 sec, 14 sec, and 9 seconds) compared to last time her time was recorded.

She won first place (in her heats) in the 50 back and relay, 2nd place in the breast, and 4th in the 50 free! She was so proud of her self.

At the next meet she will be bumped up to a more difficult heat and so probably wont win those but she is still so excited to be improving.

She has worked so hard every day after school and now it is paying off! I didn't take any photos today cause it is kind of crazy madhouse trying to make sure she gets lined up for the right race. Next meet I will make sure I take some photos.

4 comments:

Martin Family said...

Yeah Paige! I am so excited for you. Keep up the good work.

Travis and Megan Liston said...

What awesome news Paige. We are so proud of you. Way to swim like a champion. Remember..."A winner never quits and a quiter never wins." Also..."Practice makes...Permanent!

Go Paige!!!

Tony and Traci said...

That's exciting. I remember being in swimming and feeling good about improving. What an awesome accomplishment.

Susanne said...

Wooo Hooo Paige!!!