Thursday, May 7, 2009

Warrior Wound

So for YW last night we did a 5 mile bike ride. About half way through I had to stop. When I got back on my bike I wanted to catch up with everyone so I stood up on my pedals and starting pumping fast. I got about 6 pumps in and was just about to sit down when my chain broke. My foot slipped off the pedal and I went do with a big crash. Luckily I was still in the back of the pack and no one saw me go down. How embarrassing!
But I got road rash on my arm and this sweet bruise. I am quite proud of it. My leg slammed down on the cross bar of my bike.

So here is my big, fat, white leg for the whole world to see. The flash kind of made it all even out so it looks worse in real life....but you get the idea.

7 comments:

Kristie and Roger said...

Way to go Grace.........
I am glady your safe........(ps, Listons and bike rides, don't go well together)

Susanne said...

Oh my gosh! OUCH!!!!!!!!

Em said...

oh my gosh!!! That is awful. It's funny that you say you were in the back, as we (beth and I) saw nothing and we were the back. =) I'm so old!

The Days said...

and I am the joker that preped the bike and told you that it was safe to ride. I am sorry honey, I know that it hurts. I will fix the bike and you can beat me up later.
-Matt

Tony and Traci said...

way to go mandy. Im proud of you. -Tony

Susanne said...

ok.. I hope you took another picture of the way it looked when you showed me. This picture is nothing on that one!

The Days said...

I was going to post another photo to show how much worse it got, but I figured no one else was as fascinated with my ugly bruise as much as I was. LOL