Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Congratulations Mitchell!

So when Mitchell got home from school today he gave me a hug. My face was near his armpit and I smelled B.O. I said, "Whoosh Mitchell your armpit stinks!" He got a huge smile on his face like I had given him a huge compliment. I then told him his body is changing and he is going to need to start taking more showers and we might even have to go get him some deodorant. He was very excited about all of this, and was even jumping up and down. Paige was in the other room and shouted to him, "CONGRATULATIONS MITCHELL!".

I have always thought getting older and changing and growing is a good and happy thing. I never told my kids that they are getting too big or that I miss them being babies. I tell them often that getting older, changing, growing, and learning is exactly what Heavenly Father wants us to do and we should all be happy when we go through these changes. So as a family we try to embrace and celebrate getting older and not look at it as a bad thing.

Although, I think Paige learned her lesson that some changes you probably don't tell your friends about. A few weeks ago she was standing around with a group of friends and one of them made a comment about how tall they are all getting. Another friend said something about how they are all getting older. Then Paige lifted up her arm and pointed to her arm pit and said, "Yes, and some of us are shaving our armpits now!" I guess at that point all of her friends were grossed out and told her that she was the only one doing that. Paige was a little embarrassed but mostly just proud that she was growing armpit hair faster than anyone else.

Speaking of changes:
Grant is now jumping with both feet off the ground. He has also started jumping off of the couch, although I try and discourage it. He still doesn't talk much but makes his wishes (demands) very well known.
Harry has become obsessed with his letters and numbers and has them mostly all down. I think he is going to be my earliest reader because he is interested in reading a lot sooner than then others.

I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with four unique, healthy, and happy kids that I get to watch grow up!

4 comments:

Kristie and Roger said...

Maybe I shouldn 't say this, but I noticed a little B.O. on Mitch the other night...........he was sweaty. Isn't this kinda young though?
I can SOO see Paige saying that to her friends. She's been very proud of that arm pit hair.
She cracks me up.

Tony and Traci said...

They are all neat kids. I enjoy having them over on Sunday. Congrats on the house :)

Martin Family said...

your kids are so funny. I love hearing stories about them.

Travis and Megan Liston said...

Mandy, Thank you for keeping us up to speed on the kids. It is great to see them growing up. Too fast maybe...:)
Congrats Mitch!!!! Old Spice - Swagger is the BOMBA when it comes to pit stick.

TRL