When Paige was 7 and went with Papa to Utah for a week I don't think I worried once. She is SO attached to Mimi and Papa that I knew she wouldn't miss me at all. And Paige is the type to take the world by the horns and just have fun. She is independent and adventurous and I knew she would have a blast.
Well it was Mitchell's turn to go to Utah by himself. Mitchell left this morning with Mimi and Papa at 5:00 AM. I am having a harder time with this then I thought I would. He will only be gone for 5 days but I couldn't go back to sleep after he left. Mitchell is more attached to me so I worry about him getting homesick. Mitchell is more cautious and takes a while to warm up to things. I am sure he will be fine and I know Papa and Mimi will take great care of him but I am still a bit anxious.
It is SO important to me that my kids do stuff like this. They need to learn to be independent and try new things and get out of their comfort zone. I told Mitch last night that this is a mini test to see how he does when he goes out into the world so that he can prepare to be a good missionary and go away to college. I am sure he will have a lot of fun with Weston and fishing with Papa. I am also excited for him to go see Susanne.
Take good care of my boy guys!
3 comments:
Ok, your post made me cry. Now that I'm a Mom I realize just how hard it is to let your kids go, even if it is for only a few days.
I am so excited to spend some special time with Mitch. Every time I have got to be with, he quickly warms my heart with his sweet personality. I remember like yesterday him telling me how to get to your house after Harry was born. What was he, barely 4? He was just so sure I would get us home.
I love your kids. Each one is just so awesome. I'll send you a note, or call you to tell you how our trip went tomorrow. I can't wait to see him.
Thanks for sharing Mandy. Papa said he was great on the ride up to SLC. I am sure he will have a great time. Tell them to take lots of pictures.
Oh.........we found a band of Traveling Monks..... We sold Mitchell.................
He's been no worries. We love him and glad to have him keep us company.
Post a Comment