Saturday, February 23, 2008

Why I am thankful for blogs

I have had a few people in the last little bit ask me where I find time to blog. This always strikes me as funny because it takes what??? 10 minutes a few times a week to write what is going on in my life. I find the time cause I love to blog, as this is why...
1) Where else can I see a video of Dad snoring, Carter getting caught eating the gingerbread house, Joy learning how to crawl, and all the other fun things my family shares??
2) It's fun. I enjoy doing it. It doesn't take that much time and I have fun reading all the blogs.
3) It allows me to feel connected to friends and family members I don't get to see very often. I don't always have time to sit and call everyone all the time. But a quick look at their blog can update me what is going on in their family and in their lives.
4) The prophets have told us to record our lives. I don't spend ANY time scrap booking. Instead I copy and paste my blog into WORD and then print it out to but in a book. It is how I journal what is going on with my family and with my children. I think I will look back and be very grateful that I did.
5) I learn from other people's blogs. I have fun seeing what other families are doing and it inspires me to go out and try new things with my own kids. Also I learn from what other people are going through and are kind enough to share.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am with you 100%--I love blogs. I love to read them, I love to write them, and I love to comment. Whoever invented blogging is my hero.

But really I just wanted to say that I'm glad you like the quote, and to confess that I stole it off somebody else's blog that I ran into. (Someone I don't even know). But it really fits the whole blogging thing and is the perfect reason to take those few minutes it takes to put up a post.

Martin Family said...

I have been trying to figure out how to safe my blogs. Thanks for the idea.

Martin Family said...

Where do you get you templates for your blog.

Tony and Traci said...

Amen!