Tuesday, July 3, 2007

In Memory of my Grandpa Sam


My Grandpa passed away this last weekend. Although he had a long, great life he was very sick and old and needed to pass on.

When I was younger my brother was a black belt in karate, into baseball and soccer. He had more trophies than he knew what to do with. My grandpa felt bad for me and so he decided that for my 8th birthday to get me my own trophy. He had engraved on the plate "To my favorite little girl in the whole world" I still have it and cherish it.

My grandpa loved people and served everyone he came across. He told me that the only reason he went to church when he was older was because he wanted to be there to help his elderly friends get in and out of their wheelchairs and this is when he could hardly get around himself.
I am so sad that my younger children will never get to know him, be teased ruthlessly by him, or ever sit on his lap and share a bowl of ice cream with him. I will miss him so much. He taught me to love, to laugh and to be a good friend.
I love you grandpa.

No comments: