Friday, December 28, 2012

ALFIE!!!!!

We went to Utah to see family and friends but also so I can see ALFIE BOE!!!!  He is an amazingly talented singer!  I have been a huge fan of his ever since I watched him in the 25th Anniversary Concert of Les Miserable. Since seeing him in that I have watched and listened to everything he has done.  When his Face Book page announced he was going to be performing in the Christmas Concert with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir I knew I just HAD to go!  I was so excited when I found out that my sister Hilary and her husband Chris could set me up with tickets!!!

Paige, Hilary, Susanne and I went!  Chris surprised me when I got there and told me that I was going to be able to go back stage and meet him!  I couldn't believe it!!!  I was going to meet Alfie Boe!  When I walked into the room and saw him standing there I was so giddy that I started jumping up and down.  I couldn't believe it and was so happy.  I told him a was a HUGE fan and shook his hand.  He offered to sing my CD for me!  While he was signing it he said that he would sign both the cover and the CD in case I lost one!  Hilary said, "Wow, it's like he knows you!" We talked for a few minutes and then left.  I didn't want to intrude and wanted to be polite, but now I wish I would have tried to talk to him more!

The concert was amazing and I bawled when he sang Bring Him Home!  I can't wait until the DVD of the concert comes out next year!  It was such an amazing opportunity and one I will NEVER forget!


No comments: