Sunday, April 3, 2011

Going to the Temple

On Friday Matt and I got to take Paige to the temple for the first time. What a sweet day that was for us. My parents came and Matt's mom came with us too. The 6 of us had a wonderful experience together as we were able to watch Paige have her first experience in the temple. Matt baptized both Paige and I and then Matt and my dad took turns confirming us. Pat and Mimi where there to attend us and give us out towels. Paige was so excited to go and had been looking forward to it for a long time. Everyone in the temple was so sweet and helpful to us.

I am so thankful to have the opportunity to go with her and share with her the things that are so important to me. I look forward to being able to bring the rest of my children with me to the temple.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a cool experience. I like that her first experience was small and intimate with family instead of a youth trip. --Youth trips are GREAT, but I just love that she got to do this with you.

The Days said...

Suzanne - A couple of years ago a general authority was visiting for Stake Conference. He challenged everyone to make it a family tradition to take your children to the temple for their birthday as a family when they turn 12. He also said to go as a family and do baptisms as often as you can. I really loved this advice and plan on making it our family tradition!

Travis and Megan Liston said...

Seriously, that is so cool. -Megan