Monday, January 3, 2011

What a wonderful Christmas.

Has it come and gone already? We had such a great time the last 2 weeks. I sent the kids off to school this morning with mixed feelings. I am happy to be back into our routine, but will miss the fun and the relaxing, the eating and magic, the decorations and Matt being home so much!

Christmas Eve was spent at Mimi and Papa's house. We had a yummy dinner and then "Santa" came to visit. This is a fun tradition that Mimi insists we continue!



The kids came home to put on their PJ's and then all sleep together in Mitchell's room. Matt and I of course stayed up till past midnight wrapping gifts. That is one tradition I say every year that say I am going to change, but never seem to do!

Christmas morning we had a full house! Mimi, Papa, Nana, Papa Paul, Megan, all came to watch the kids unwrap their gifts. We ate our yummy monkey bread and had a lot of fun playing with all the toys.

At noon Matt and I took the kids down to Salvation Army to help volunteer. Every year they put on a huge lunch for those in the community who need help. We helped serve the food and then clear the plates. I am so proud of the kids and how hard they worked! Especially Paige and Mitchell. It was the highlight of the season I think. We rubbed elbows with a lot of other great volunteers and put us all in the right spirit for the rest of the day. (I wish I had photos, but forgot to take my camera!)

The rest of the day was spent relaxing and enjoying the day. We had a perfect Christmas!

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Awesome Mandy!!! Loved the pictures and how you guys take time to serve. Love you.