
My sweet Grandma! Even though she really needed to pass away it's still hard to know that she is gone. I am so glad I got the opportunity to go and be at her funeral. It was a very quick weekend trip but it was worth it! I flew with Tony, Traci and Landon and stayed at Hilary's house. We had so much fun laughing, visiting, and rocking out with Rock Band. Then Travis and My Dad flew in and we all got to hand out. We had a blast all driving down in Hillary Tahoe to Grandma's viewing playing Bingo and listening to music.
Grandma's funeral was sweet. All her grandkids got up and sand the song Always. There wasn't a dry eye in the room. It brought such a strong feeling of Grandma and Grandpa into the room and was just perfect. It is a memory that I will always treasure. I know Grandma and Grandpa are together and happy and peace. I know this. And yet, I sometimes I can't even believe that they are gone. I love them so much and can't believe that my kids will never get to sit on their lap or get teased by grandpa or eat a yummy meal that grandma made. I can't believe that I wont ever hug them again or just sit in the same room as them watching TV.
I feel so grateful and blessed that I got to live by them for a few years and spend so much time with them. I think of those times often and they bring back so many happy memories. I loved that Matt got to hang out and drink soda and watch Golf with Grandpa so many times. I love that Grandma would get down on the floor and play with Paige and laugh and clap her hands every time Paige would do something funny. I am so grateful that I have those times to keep in my heart forever. I love you Grandma and can't wait to see you again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment