Friday, March 12, 2010

Ulcers and Accidents

So good news: I have an ulcer. After having stomach pain on and off for a couple of weeks and severe pain every night for the last 5 nights I finally talked to my dr about it. Dr said it is probably from taking so much Advil for my headaches. I am hoping the Rx works quickly so I can finally get some sleep at night! The last few nights have been pretty miserable.

On Sunday night the kids and I were in a car accident. Some guy made a left hand turn right in front of me. I braked hard and try to miss him but slammed right into him. He ended up getting in his car and driving away about .5 a mile where he then jumped out of his car and fled on foot through a park. The kids and I were really shook up but no one was injured and we all had our seat belts on. I was driving my mom's car so I feel bad about that. But there was nothing I could had done to avoid hitting the guy.

My fundraiser for the YW/YM was last weekend as well. It was a very stressful thing to organize and pull off but we made a lot of money to help pay for their camps. We had a great turn out (250 people) and our Ward really pitched in to donate items and bid on them at the auction. This was our 4th year doing it and every year it is more successful! I am hoping next year to be a little more prepared with buying the right amount of food (it's always so hard to estimate how much you will need).

1 comment:

Tony and Traci said...

I don't know that you having an Ulcer would be considered "good" news, but I'm glad that you found out what was bothering you. Sorry to hear about your accident. -Traci