Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Update on Us!

I try really hard to teach my kids to say "no thanks", or "no thank you" when they are first learning how to talk. I just hate it when I hear a kid screaming NOOO at their parents. So I try to make sure I always say no thanks/no thank you to my kids when I want them to stop doing something or I don't want something they are offering me.

Grant has started to say it now which is fun. Whenever I give him something he doesn't want he says, "No cue, no cue" over and over. It is pretty cute.

He is also really into playing with Paige's baby doll. He wants to dress it and change it's diaper and put it to sleep. I am loving it cause I haven't been able to play "girl" stuff in years.

Paige is getting so tall! She is up to Mimi's shoulders already. She is back to sewing which makes me happy. She is going to start swim team soon and she is really excited about that.

We moved Mitchell to his own room last week. He is very excited about this. I have been pleasantly surprised at how clean he is keeping his room. He is my little organizer when he wants to be.

Our computer has been "broken" a lot lately. (Wink...wink) I know this is a cop-out with having to stand up to Harry and his obsession with the computer lately, but it is so much easier for me to tell him that the computer is not working and he needs to find something else to do. He takes this news just fine and runs off and plays. I really need to find a pre-school for him next year, cause he is bored being home with Grant and me all day.

2 comments:

Susanne said...

I am totally laughing thinking of Harry and the poor broken computer. That's clever!!! Sadly I bet he figures out the truth here in about a week. lol

Tony and Traci said...

I love those kids. They are so much fun to hang out with. I am starting to know how the missionaries felt when I was a kid. We turned them into a human jungle gym. It's fun though.