So, just this morning I was thinking about how I needed to write a post about how much Paige loves her sewing machine. She spends HOURS on it every day just making things/outfits up. She makes little blankets and a lot of doll clothes. Almost every night I have to yell at her to turn off the sewing machine and go to bed.
Well tonight Matt was putting the kids to bed and I ran to Wal-mart to buy a few things. When I walked in the door Paige was crying hysterically. Apparently she wasn't paying attention and put the needle right through her finger nail. :(
She started screaming but Matt thought she was just yelling at Grant for bothering her. After a minute he went to check on her and she was totally freaked out. He had to unscrew the needle from the machine to get her finger and the needle out. Then she didn't want him to pull the needle out of her finger.... she finally calmed down and did it herself.
After I got home and they told me what had just happened I held her and she cried and cried. She wasn't crying cause it hurt, but because she was so scared and freaked out about the whole thing. It really shook her up. I finally got her to calm down and to lay down with her MP3 player.
She said she wants a break from her sewing machine and doesn't want to use it for awhile. I really hope this doesn't scar her from sewing for ever. We agreed that maybe she shouldn't sew at night anymore and that I should be with her to keep an eye on her.
Poor, poor Paige!
3 comments:
Oh my.. OUCH! Did it go through her finger? I can only imagine how bad that must have hurt.
Yes, it went in at an angel....about the middle of her fingernail bed and out the tip of her figer!
I am glad Matt was there and not me!
Angle not angel!
Post a Comment