Poor Grant. He has been SO unbelievably miserable the last few days. He hasn't slept or stopped crying for 5 days now. Yesterday we finally found out why. He has Hand-Foot-Mouth. This is all new to me because none of my kids have had it before. He has blisters on his face around his lipsand down his chin. And he has a mouth, throat and tounge full of little cancer sores.
When I found out what he had I called Matt at work and was telling him what was going on. Mitchell was crying because I thought he was upset I made him get off of the computer. I wasn't very patient with him because of the stress of taking care of a sick baby and so I was yelling at him to stop crying about the computer. When I got off of the phone Mitchell was still crying so I asked him what the heck was wrong with him. He told me through his tears that he was sad and didn't want Grant to die. He had heard the word disease (Hand-foot-mouth disease) and somehow thought that meant cancer and was crying cause he thought Grant was going to die. I am such a horrible mom sometimes :( !
This is supposed to last 7-10 days and we are on day 5 with no signs of stopping anytime soon. Pray for me that I make it the next 5 days and that Grant feels better soon.
4 comments:
Wow, I am so sorry about Grant! My kids had that once in Georgia, but it was a pretty mild case. He must be so miserable! Being the mom and having to be the one who's supposed to make it all better isn't easy either. My prayers are with you guys!
Mandy, I am so sorry about Grant. When Angie was around two she also had this and I still remember just how challenging it was because as the mother you are suppose to make it all better with a kiss and something like this you can't. Our doctor gave us a liquid of some kind that made her just sleep all of the time. After five days of this you must be so worn out. I will pray a lot for you honey and know that Heavenly Father is there for both of you. Love, Aunt Nan
Hey did this start with a runny nose? Anth isn't sleeping either, and he has one heck of a runny nose right now. A slight fever too.
:( That SUCKS!!!!
Post a Comment