I have been debating a lot lately if I should be including posts here about the things my kids do that are wrong or that they got in trouble for. On one hand it is part of life and part of our family. Life isn't always rosy and perfect. Yet, on the other hand I would have been mortified if my mother put my mistakes on the Internet for all the world to see.
But I copy everything I write in this blog and print it off for our family journal and so I want it to include everything about our life. And to be honest some of the stories are quiet entertaining and funny. So what do you think? Should I spill all the beans or are something things better left alone?
6 comments:
yay! You are asking the wrong person. =) I include most things for journal purposes & because they are funny eventually. I don't tell my kids all that I write. If they catch me, then I will delete it if they are embarassed, but you should write it even if you choose not to publish it. They will laugh eventually...
Only post simple funny things that won't embarase them or be to private.
Love POPS
That's a hard one!!!
I think it depends. If they do something silly, for sure share. If they do something they feel bad about, then maybe not.
well, I could tell about a time when I had invited an investigater to my house for lunch....after prayer, I am pretty much telling her my testimony of the church having a very spiritual moment with this older lady. Telling her how the gospel brings peace and love in my home........sigh!!!!
My then 6 year old daughter AMANDA runs into the house screaming at the top of her lungs, "MOM, Heather Fairchild just called me a F***er, and I don't know what a F***** is but I know it's bad.....
Now Brothers and Sister's..........thats embarassing.
Love Ya Sweetie..........mom
Classic Mom!!!
Memories all of them. I say pick and choose. I am sure you as their mother can see something that too painful for them, I know you wouldn't put that specific event into the spotlight. Though I must say that seeing those "not so perfect moments" life for other people makes me feel normal and at ease. Makes me feel like I am not the only one out there with these things happening to them! Plus I love the stories of your kids, it usually makes me smile and happy that you are blessed with such a wonderful family.
Food for thought, a journal can be a good tool for family members can read back on those events and learn from past mistakes. Possibly add them to your printed version and not your online?
Post a Comment