Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mitchell's Ears


Well Mitchell had his surgery this morning. He had his tubes put in both ears and his adenoids removed. Everything went well. They tried to put the IV in before and he resisted. (he is my child) So they waited until they put him under. When I went to see him in recovery and took his bandages off I could see where they tried to put the IV into his left hand 2 times before they were successful with the right hand. And his left hand is all bruised. (ggrrrrr)
He was under for about 50 minutes. He did great and was a good boy when he woke up. Everyone told me how polite he was.
Somehow he has a HUGE fat lip. They said that he probably bit himself at some point but I don't know for sure???
I forgot to bring my camera so I snapped this with my phone.

7 comments:

Kristie and Roger said...

Glad he will be feeling better. Taking adnoids out made a HUGE difference in you......
Hugs Mitch

Susanne said...

Ahh way to be brave Mom and Mitch!!! I am so glad things went great.

Travis and Megan Liston said...

You are a CHAMP Mitch! Way to be brave!!! Hope you feel well soon.

Uncle Travis :)~

Em said...

I didn't know this was happening! I could have taken Grant this morning. Glad it all went well, he is one of the nicest kids I know. Please call me if you need anything!

Em said...

aha... I just checked the date and it was yesterday. still let me know if you need anything. How do you do it all?

The Days said...

Thanks Em. Grant would have screamed the entire time I was gone. He has huge issues with Separation Anxiety right now and won't let anyone hold him except Matt or I. So I took him with me. Thanks for the offer though!

ramsudd3 said...

You are brave Mitch glad you will feel better soon. Many also thank you for sending me that info about the blog. I love what you have done on yours. Love, Aunt Nan