Monday, April 14, 2008

Dessert Pizza

I made this last night and the kids really loved it and loved to help make it. It is super easy too. I know that there are lots of different recipes out there but I have found this one is the easiest yet still the yummiest! (I like this recipe because I love cream cheese).

Dessert Pizza

Here's what you will need to make it:
sugar cookie dough, store bought or homemade
8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
fruit slices like banana, strawberries, apples and blueberries


Here's what you have to do:
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Slice up the dough like you're making cookies.
Then, on a greased cookie sheet or pizza pan, press the dough out into a large thin circle. This is your pizza crust.
Bake it for about 8 minutes. Once it's done put it on a rack to cool.
Instead of using tomato sauce, for Dessert Pizza, you mix together the sugar, vanilla, and softened cream cheese until it is smooth.
Using a rubber spatula, spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
Now, put the fruit on top in any design that you want. The fruit is your pizza topping!

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Love fruit pizza. I bet yours is even better with all that great California fruit.